WHAT IS TOOTH WHITENING (BLEACHING)?
As the person grow the teeth become darker because of changes in the mineral structure with time. To get these teeth brighter and whiter Tooth Whitening is the one of the best option available.
TYPES OF TOOTH WHITENING
1) OFFICE BLEACH:
In office bleach, a dentist applies tooth whitening solution on teeth. Then focuses LED light on the teeth. Depending upon the stains the tooth has, further sitting can be planned. This is the safest and most preferred way of tooth whitening. This is Best Whitening Procedure
2) HOME BLEACH:
In home bleach technique a special tray is made and Patient has to wear the tray according to the instruction given by the dentist. Patient needs to apply the bleaching agent in the tray and wear it .Lighter stains can be effectively removed by this method, but in case of heavier stains this method is less effective.
WHEN TOOTH WHITENING IS INDICATED?
1) Improve a smile, to make teeth bright and to remove the stains from the tooth.
2) Stains of bacterial pigments on the tooth.
3) Stains of pan-masala, tobacco, betel nut on tooth.
4) Tetracycline Given to the mother at the time of pregnancy can cause internal stains on teeth during tooth bud developments.
5) Fluoride stains as specially in areas where fluoride content in water is higher than normal.
6 ) If tooth is non-vital or dead it may become black or brown over a period of time.
7) Stain from smoking can be removed with Tooth Whitening.
8) Excessive use of food color can stain the tooth; these stains also can be removed with tooth whitening.
9) Long standing Amalgam filling can cause the tattooing of the tooth,which can be treated by bleaching.
POST OPERATIVE SEQUENCES:
1) Hyper sensitive teeth: Tooth Whitening dehydrates the tooth leading to a hyper sensitivity.
2) If proper care is not taken it may lead to chemical burn out of gums and mucous membrane of oral cavity.
3) Over Tooth Whitening may cause loss of enamel structure.
4) Aggressive Tooth Whitening procedure may cause inflammation of the pulp leading to a severe dental pain.
ADVANTAGES OF TOOTH WHITENING
1) Boosts your confidence.
2) Enhances your personality.
3) Painless procedure.
4) Can be performed in a single sitting.
5) Can also be done at home.
LIMITATIONS OF TOOTH WHITENING
Effects of Tooth Whitening may vary from person to person . There are situations where Tooth Whitening should be avoided; which include.
1) Age: Below the age of 16 Tooth Whitening must not be attempted as the pulp horns of the teeth are high.
2) Patient with allergy to hydrogen peroxide are not good candidates of Tooth Whitening.
3) Tooth Whitening is not recommended in pregnant or lactating woman.